|This article is a stub.|
|This article needs expanding. You can help improve this article by adding additional content.|
Gastornis was related to cranes and not phorusrhacids as commonly believed. At first, it was thought to be a carnivore, but now we know it is more likely to have been either a herbivore or an omnivore mainly due to the fact that it did not have a curved beak, a feature that most predatory birds had.
- Gastornis or Diatryma made it's 1st Stop Motion appearance The Ghost of Slumber Mountain.
- It also appeared in one of the episodes of animated action show Valley of the Dinosaurs by Hanna-Barbera.
- It appeared in the Stop Motion short documentary film Age of Mammals in the 1980S.
- Gastornis or Diatryma made it's 1st CG Documentary appearance The 1st episode of Walking With Prehistoric Beasts.
- It made It's 2nd CG Documentary appearance in Life After Dinosaurs.
- Gastornis or Diatryma have been seen in almost all the Ice Age Films.